Skip to main content

Vacation

Last week I was in British Columbia taking thousands of photos (not an exaggeration) of landscapes for future paintings. I would have loved to try and paint plein air (except on the rainy days) but seven days are short and there were so many things to do (and so many we didn't get a chance to do, so little time). It took a little bit of time but here are some of the different places we went.


 From the airplane while descending to Vancouver. We had a really good view of the mountains.


The airport was full of native art that was gorgeous! 
Stanley Park  
Vancouver 




                                                                           The Vancouver Aquarium
Breakfast coffee at Medina. The fancy coffee was
                                              highlight of my morning here in Vancouver.

Horseshoe Bay where we caught the ferry to Vancouver Island (Nanaimo).

 Nanaimo waterfront

Neck Point Park (Lantzville)

MacMillan Park (Cathedral trees-some 300-800 yrs old)

Little Qualicum Falls


Newcastle Island

My hubby and me, Nanaimo waterfront waiting for another ride to islands.

You can see Nanaimo waterfront from Newcastle Island.

Mountains in the distance.

Nanaimo again.

Sooke 

French Beach (west coast) This was as West as we got sadly (so little time).

Genoa Bay

Even though it rained for two days, I tried to get the best photos I could. It was hard to portray the height and intensity of the mountains. It never fully comes through.

 
Cowichan Bay

Cowichan Bay quaint waterfront shops


Beacon Hill Park (Victoria)
We had a brief moment in Victoria on the last day and managed to meander through this Park. It was drizzling and cold but it was a beautiful place. They had peacocks everywhere. Those things are noisy.


 Coles Bay Park
This was a quick stop on the way to the ferry. Through the trip we Facetimed the family from locations and this was the backdrop for the last phone call before we came back.


 Ferry to Tsawwassen (back to the mainland)
The sun decided to come out that afternoon on the ferry ride.

Sleep wasn't a problem. Very tired, lots of km in the rental car and lots of walking (seemed like uphill mostly). It felt like we were on the Amazing Race.
Hope you enjoyed the photos, now it's time for me to get back to work.

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You've Got Mail

I managed to take photos the other day before I sent off a 6" by 6" panel. I thought that a few might be interested in how I try to make sure that you're artwork gets to you unscathed.  Before I do any wrapping, I make sure that all the information is on the back of your purchased art piece. Title, medium, size, Artists name (because my signature is impossible to decipher). Also I print an inventory number which will look something like 026.2018. 1. I wrap all boards/canvases in wax paper. There will be no smudging on my watch. 2. Bubblewrap comes next as I do not want corners dinged.    3. Tissue paper is the third wrap. This is a gift for you or someone you love and I  want you to feel like it's a present when you open it. 4. Inside your envelope you will find:  A Thank You card - because it's important for you to know that you are appreciated.  Two business cards for you to share with others Your invoice and receipt  One

Color!

Did someone say they wanted a painting with color? HOT Pink! available as original or as a Print!  

SOLD

I want to send out a thank you to Antoinette for making my week! Having just purchased these top three paintings... she is adding to the painting she purchased last year. Quite a collection! Thank you!