Skip to main content

Solace (128)


In the picture below you can see the photographs that I took and placed them on the computer screen to view while painting. I try to use my own photos as references as much as I can. 


I also try to create still life set ups so that I can just copy a true image, but alas, I still find myself mixing up several photographs to get what I want. It's all a learning process.


I try to take photographs of my work with a blank background. In this case, I use my desk. The flowers can give you reference to size.


A side angle is a great way to show the wraparound effect on the canvas. I try to paint the sides at the same time to keep the colours true.


Solace 
(128) Peonies
9" by 12" 
oil on canvas

I think, as of this date, this is one of my favourites. I love the vase and how it came out so solidly and seems to just ground the flowers. The flowers were painted somewhat simply but they work. I think I was able to play with the brushstrokes a little, had the confidence to do so. I love the colour I created for the background. All in all, it's a win in my books. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You've Got Mail

I managed to take photos the other day before I sent off a 6" by 6" panel. I thought that a few might be interested in how I try to make sure that you're artwork gets to you unscathed.  Before I do any wrapping, I make sure that all the information is on the back of your purchased art piece. Title, medium, size, Artists name (because my signature is impossible to decipher). Also I print an inventory number which will look something like 026.2018. 1. I wrap all boards/canvases in wax paper. There will be no smudging on my watch. 2. Bubblewrap comes next as I do not want corners dinged.    3. Tissue paper is the third wrap. This is a gift for you or someone you love and I  want you to feel like it's a present when you open it. 4. Inside your envelope you will find:  A Thank You card - because it's important for you to know that you are appreciated.  Two business cards for you to share with others Your invoice and receipt  One

Color!

Did someone say they wanted a painting with color? HOT Pink! available as original or as a Print!  

SOLD

I want to send out a thank you to Antoinette for making my week! Having just purchased these top three paintings... she is adding to the painting she purchased last year. Quite a collection! Thank you!