Skip to main content

Back to Work

September didn't end up like I imagined. 

 The house has been in chaos for the past few weeks. We're putting in a much needed second bathroom (finally!), and for some reason I got the idea that since the house is in crazytown I should add more crazy to it. So I moved the studio downstairs to the family room. Sounds so simple, but I had to take apart all the furniture and because I'm not Wonder Woman, take each small piece down and once it was all there, put it together. I'm tired just telling you about it.

 This also created a whole chain event of moving both my kids rooms around (which means painting their new rooms and of course bribery - a new piece of furniture each ). Two trips to IKEA later, hours of putting everything together and we're almost there. I hope. 
I do not recommend doing this to anyone.
I put together:
2 shelving units,
1 sidetable,
1 desk with 5 drawers,
1 vanity with 2 drawers,
and a cube bookcase
I think I'm done with IKEA for a little while.


Here is one side of the studio space (YES! SPACE!) No more small space talk. I even have room to step back and see my work. Yay!



It seems that I also have had a little time to paint as well.



Sunrise (165)
16x20
oil on canvas







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You've Got Mail

I managed to take photos the other day before I sent off a 6" by 6" panel. I thought that a few might be interested in how I try to make sure that you're artwork gets to you unscathed.  Before I do any wrapping, I make sure that all the information is on the back of your purchased art piece. Title, medium, size, Artists name (because my signature is impossible to decipher). Also I print an inventory number which will look something like 026.2018. 1. I wrap all boards/canvases in wax paper. There will be no smudging on my watch. 2. Bubblewrap comes next as I do not want corners dinged.    3. Tissue paper is the third wrap. This is a gift for you or someone you love and I  want you to feel like it's a present when you open it. 4. Inside your envelope you will find:  A Thank You card - because it's important for you to know that you are appreciated.  Two business cards for you to share with others Your invoice and receipt  One

Color!

Did someone say they wanted a painting with color? HOT Pink! available as original or as a Print!  

SOLD

I want to send out a thank you to Antoinette for making my week! Having just purchased these top three paintings... she is adding to the painting she purchased last year. Quite a collection! Thank you!