Skip to main content

What I am working on...

 I have been working on this painting for a little while now. It still isn't completely finished but it's almost there. When it is done it will be called "Tranquility".

As I always try to do, I have taken progress photos of the process.  


Sometimes I paint over another painting if the canvas isn't too marred. 
When I do this it's imperative to cover the entire canvas with the base colors so you aren't looking at two drawings overlapping one another. This gives me an idea about space and position.



 I try to get a sense of the colors but also for the tone, the values are just as important
I generally start with a grey background.



With so many leaves I had to play around with a lot of greens. I also had to keep going in and remembering where the leaves start and finish.



At this point I can tell whether the painting is working or not. There are a lot of paintings that don't continue after this point. Every artist has a pile of artwork that just doesn't work. Don't be fooled, no matter how many years you do this, you challenge yourself to improve and you make mistakes. You learn and go from there. Knowledge comes from this failure. 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You've Got Mail

I managed to take photos the other day before I sent off a 6" by 6" panel. I thought that a few might be interested in how I try to make sure that you're artwork gets to you unscathed.  Before I do any wrapping, I make sure that all the information is on the back of your purchased art piece. Title, medium, size, Artists name (because my signature is impossible to decipher). Also I print an inventory number which will look something like 026.2018. 1. I wrap all boards/canvases in wax paper. There will be no smudging on my watch. 2. Bubblewrap comes next as I do not want corners dinged.    3. Tissue paper is the third wrap. This is a gift for you or someone you love and I  want you to feel like it's a present when you open it. 4. Inside your envelope you will find:  A Thank You card - because it's important for you to know that you are appreciated.  Two business cards for you to share with others Your invoice and receipt  One

Color!

Did someone say they wanted a painting with color? HOT Pink! available as original or as a Print!  

SOLD

I want to send out a thank you to Antoinette for making my week! Having just purchased these top three paintings... she is adding to the painting she purchased last year. Quite a collection! Thank you!